Doctor of Ministry
The purpose of the Doctor of Ministry Degree is to provide a level of knowledge, theoretical clarity, and competence of practice commensurate with the highest earned degree for the profession and practice of ministry.
The D.Min. will help you further your skills in ministry and provide you with the kind of learning experience that you will value throughout your lifetime. Students remain in their fields of service for the entire program, coming to McAfee for classes and focused collegial interaction, for individual study at the library, or to engage in consultation with the student's faculty supervisor.
McAfee School of Theology's program invites ministers, denominational leaders, and persons in a variety of ministries to join with colleagues in working for excellence in ministerial leadership by:
- Manifesting the unity and interrelatedness of theory and practice.
- Emphasizing collegial learning with professors and peers.
- Intense study in a variety of subjects designed and taught by experienced faculty.
- Providing experiential learning with the encouragement of an accomplished minister in an area of your ministry emphasis and interaction with a faculty supervisor.
- Writing a final project thesis that makes a unique contribution to a particular aspect of ministry and enhancing your practice of ministry, as well as your institution where you carry out your vocation.
McAfee’s approach to the seminary experience is evidenced in our commitment to "changing lives and transforming communities." Since our inception, our mission has been to engage in the process of integrating essential knowledge with the spiritual development and practical experiences necessary for ministry. You will find our Mission and Founding Principles and Frequently Asked Questions helpful as well as reviewing the Master of Divinity and Doctor of Ministry courses of study .
For More Information
Contact the Admissions Office at (888) 471-9922 to learn more about the structure of the program and completing the application for admission. We hope you will take a moment to get to know us and let us get to know you.