Register for Classes
Welcome to McAfee!
Congratulations on your acceptance into Mercer University's McAfee School of Theology!
Please read through all the steps for new students and complete the steps to register.
Follow the checklist below to prepare for registration.
1. Log in to My Mercer and set-up Mercer email account.
- *Your Mercer email will be used for all correspondence and it is an expectation that you check it regularly*
- Sign your "Statement of Student Responsibility" in My Mercer
2. Register for Classes
- Course Schedule
- Advanced Placement (Masters Only)
- MyMercer Training
- MASTER OF ARTS IN CHRISTIAN MINISTRY (MACM)
- MASTER OF THEOLOGICAL STUDIES (MTS)
- MASTER OF DIVINITY (MDIV)
- COMBINED DEGREES
- DOCTOR OF MINISTRY (DMIN)
- Mercer code: 001580. If interested in student loans or work-study, you must complete the FAFSA form and you must register for a minimum of 5 hours to be eligible for federal aid. If you have been offered a merit-scholarship, please sign and return the covenant promptly to the Office of Admissions. The University Financial Aid Office cannot assist you until after you have registered for classes.
6. REQUIRED: NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION JANUARY 3, 2020
- Technology Requirement
- All McAfee students must have access to a computer with Microsoft Word (or software that can export as a Word document [.doc or .docx]), presentation software (ie. Powerpoint, Keynote, Prezi, etc.), and high-speed internet. Students are required to access, use, and communicate through the following university systems: Mercer email, Canvas, and MyMercer. Students are instructed on these systems at new student orientation. Any additional software or equipment requirements, including requirements for distance education, will be noted on course schedules and syllabi. Examples might include: a webcam, headphones, additional software, etc.
- Health Insurance Requirement
- Due to the continuing need for all students to have adequate health care coverage, Mercer University requires our students to provide proof of health insurance coverage each semester. Your student account will be automatically assessed a premium for health insurance each semester. Once registered, students who already have health care coverage may have this charge removed from their account by completing the steps to you submit a waiver request by the deadline listed on the Bursar's Website. This procedure cannot be done until after you register for classes.
- Job Placement: http://theology.mercer.edu/applicant.cfm and https://mercer.studentemployment.ngwebsolutions.com/
- Academic Calendar
- Campus Health Form and gather your immunization records.
- Your health care provider must sign this form. We recommend making a copy for your records. Visit Student Affairs' Campus Health site to view immunization requirements and local healthcare resources. Health Forms must be submitted before classes to: Campus Health, 3001 Mercer University Drive, Atlanta, GA 30341.
New Student Orientation: Admissions Office, email@example.com
Registration: Dr. Michelle Brooks Garber, firstname.lastname@example.org
Technology: Mercer IT, email@example.com
Ministry Placement: Rev. Nikki Hardemen, firstname.lastname@example.org