This section of our Website helps you negotiate your time at McAfee School of Theology. You see to the right several helpful links. Campus wide student services such as the clinic and financial aid can be accessed there.
- Atlanta Theological Association Cross Registration Application
The completed application must be returned to the Registrar's Office before the following deadlines:
Fall semester: July 26 Spring: December 1 Summer: May 1
- Change of Degree Program Application
- Declaration of Track
- McAfee Sustaining Scholarship Application
The Swilley Library offers a great variety and volume of resources for students of Mercer's Atlanta campus. Check the library's online catalog for publications of interest and, if you are a student, you may access the library's journal databases as well. For other academic resources, look at faculty homepages. Many of them include academic resources that faculty members themselves utilize and find significantly helpful.
- McAfee Style Guide, revised and expanded Fall 2012
- Sample Book Review
- Sample Case Study
- Sample Exegesis Paper
- Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia (BHS)
- The Greek New Testament (United Bible Societies, 4th ed.; or American Bible Society, 27th ed.)
- Harper Collins Study Bible
- JPS Hebrew-English Parallel Bible
- The New Interpreter's Study Bible
- The New Oxford Annotated Study Bibles (JPS and NRSV with apocrypha)
- Abingdon Old Testament Commentaries
- Abingdon New Testament Commentaries
- Anchor Bible Commentary
- New International Commentary on the Old Testament
- New Interpreter's Bible Commentary
- Old Testament Library
- Smyth and Helwys
- The Torah: A Modern Commentary
- True to Our Native Land: An African American New Testament Commentary
- The Women's Bible Commentary (Newsome and Ringe)
- Word Biblical Commentary
Dictionaries and Encyclopedias
- Anchor Bible Dictionary. 6 vols. New York: Doubleday, 1992.
- Dictionary of Christianity in America. Downer's Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press, 1990.
- Eerdmans Bible Dictionary. Grand Rapids: Wm. B. Eerdmans, 1987.
- Harper’s Bible Dictionary. San Francisco: Harper & Row, 1985.
- Holman Bible Dictionary. Nashville: Holman, 1991.
- International Standard Bible Encyclopedia. 4 Vols. Rev. ed. Grand Rapids: Wm. B. Eerdmans, 1979- (see also The New International Standard Bible Encyclopedia).
- Interpreter’s Dictionary of the Bible. 4 vols. and a Supplementary vol. Nashville: Abingdon, 1962- 1976 (a second edition is in the process of revision, projected to be completed by 2010).
- Mercer Dictionary of the Bible. Macon: Mercer University Press, 1990.
- New Interpreters Dictionary
- The Oxford Dictionary of the Christian Church. New York: Oxford University Press, 1997.
- The Theological Dictionary of the New Testament. 10 vols. Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans.
- The Theological Dictionary of the Old Testament. 15 vols. Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans.
- Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament
- Theological Lexicon of the Old Testament
- Catholic Biblical Quarterly
- Christian Century
- Christian History & Biography
- Harvard Theological Review
- Jornal of the American Academy of Religion (JAAR)
- Journal of the American Oriental Society (JAOS)
- Journal for the Study of the New Testament
- Journal for the Study of the Old Testament (JSOT)
- Journal of Near Easter Studies (JNES)
- Journal of Biblical Literature
- Review & Expositor
- Word and World
- The Baptist Heritage: Four Centuries of Baptist Witness, Leon McBeth
- Baptist Ways: A History, Bill J. Leonard
- Church History in Plain Language, Bruce L. Shelley
- Crossroads in Christian Growth (The Bible and Personal Crisis Series), W. Loyd Allen
- Spiritual Preparation for Christian Leadership, E. Glenn Hinson
- Thirsty for God: A Brief History of Christian Spirituality, Bradley Holt
Online Academic ResourceLinks
- Advent Spirituality Center
- Academy of Religion (AAR)
- The Center for Baptist Studies
- Frontline: From Jesus to Christ
- Interpreting Ancient Manuscripts Web
- Greek Manuscript Gateway
- Greek Language and Linguistics Gateway
- Resource Pages for Biblical Studies
- Searchable RSV
- Society of Biblical Literature (SBL)
- Review of Biblical Literature (comprehensive resource for book reviews in biblical studies published by SBL)
- The Southeastern Commission for the Study of Religion (SECSOR, the regional society for SBL and AAR)