Student Vocational Development Fund
Due to a generous gift from Barbara Brown Taylor, McAfee is excited to provide expense reimbursements to students interested in vocational development opportunities. Below you will find the parameters associated with applying for and receiving these available funds.
Some examples of opportunities are listed below. However, you are invited to apply for funds for additional opportunities.
- American Academy of Religion/Society of Biblical Literature
- Courageous Conversations
- Denominational Meeting
- Mercer University Preaching Consultation
- National Association of Baptist Professors of Religion
- Proctor Conference
- You must apply using this link before the event begins.
- You must be a current and enrolled student during the conference you are applying for to receive an expense reimbursement.
- No student may receive more than one expense reimbursement per academic year.
- You must attend the entire event for which you receive an expense reimbursement.
- You are responsible for securing the registration and lodging for your event.
- You may request an expense reimbursement for a vocational development opportunity not listed below. In your application please explain how your requested event will support your vocational development.
- If more applicants apply than can be supported with available funds, preference will be given to first time attenders of the event.
- You will be notified by email if you have been selected to receive an expense reimbursement for a given event.
- If you are selected to receive an expense reimbursement you will be attending as a McAfee Representative. You may also be asked to write about your experience and/or to serve at the event.
To receive your expense reimbursement:
- Expense reimbursements may cover the costs of event registration, lodging, travel, and food costs.
- Expense reimbursement will not exceed the amount of money spent at the event.
- To receive your expense reimbursements you must submit the following to Nikki Hardeman within one week of the end of your event:
- All original and itemized receipts.
- A filled out W9 Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification Form.
- A Travel Expense Reconciliation Form.