McAfee School of Theology uses the following template to determine additional courses for an applicant who has completed a two-year degree accredited by the Association of Theological Schools to qualify for M.Div. equivalency for admission to the Doctor of Ministry program.
To be considered for M.Div. equivalency in the Doctor of Ministry program an applicant must have earned a total of 74 master’s-level semester hours including the hours from a two-year degree.
Additionally, instruction in the following areas must constitute part of the 74 hours. While it is desirable such hours be completed at McAfee School of Theology, M.Div. courses completed at an accredited ATS school may be transferred to complete the equivalency.
- Old Testament—3 hours (one course)
- New Testament—3 hours (one course)
- Theology—6 hours (two courses)
- Church History—3 hours (one course)
- Ethics—3 hours (one course)
- Spiritual Formation—2 hours (one course)
- Pastoral Care—3 hours (one course)
- Preaching/Worship—3 hours (one course)
- Missions/Evangelism—3 hours (one course)
- Faith Development/Christian Education—3 hours (one course)
- Mentoring/Supervised Ministry/ Clinical Pastoral Education/ Leadership—3 hours (one course)