Welcome to McAfee!
Congratulations on being accepted into the James and Carolyn McAfee School of Theology at Mercer University! We are preparing for an amazing semester at McAfee and it is almost time to register for classes. Classes are assigned on a first come, first served basis so it is imperative that you read through all the steps for new students thoroughly and respond in a timely manner. Simply follow the checklist below to prepare for registration.
- We strongly encourage all Masters-level students with significant undergraduate coursework in areas related to our core curriculum to request advanced placement to have a more robust educational experience at McAfee. Advanced Placement is not the same as transfer credit. Should a student desire to place out of a foundation course in the M.Div., M.A.C.M., or M.T.S. degree programs, they will need to contact a faculty member in the relevant area to schedule an interview. The student must bring syllabi and papers from previous courses to the interview for evaluation by the professor. It is recommended that the student will have taken at least two courses in the area with grades of B+ or better, and demonstrate a foundational knowledge of the topic. If the professor approves the advanced placement, the student will fill out a form and submit it to the Assistant to the Dean. Advanced placement must be requested within a student’s first 30 hours. For any questions about Advanced Placement contact Dr. Michelle Garber at email@example.com.
- In order to prepare for the registration process, please look over the Course Schedule and review the video and instructions on how to register. Entering students are typically limited to taking classes with a 500-level course number. Spiritual Formation is required of all first semester MACM and MDIV students.
- Be sure to view the Academic Calendar when scheduling your classes, vacations, and other important events.
- Save the Date for Orientation and RSVP.
- Fill out a FAFSA using the Mercer code: 001580. If interested in student loans or work study, you must complete the FAFSA form and you must register for a minimum of 5 hours to be eligible for federal aid. If you have been offered a merit-scholarship, please sign and return the covenant promptly to the Office of Admissions. The University Financial Aid Office cannot assist you until after you have registered for classes. For assistance with financial questions, please contact Ms. Carlene Knights, firstname.lastname@example.org or 678.547.6048.
- If you are moving to Atlanta and interested in housing, please see our Housing page. If you are looking for assistance finding a roommate for off-campus housing, check appropriate boxes on the Intent to Enroll Form to be connected with other students.
- Complete the Campus Health Form and gather your immunization records. Your health care provider must sign this form. We recommend making a copy for your records. Visit Student Affairs' Campus Health site to view immunization requirements and local healthcare resources. Health Forms must be submitted before classes to: Campus Health, 3001 Mercer University Drive, Atlanta, GA 30341.
- Due to the continuing need for all students to have adequate health care coverage, Mercer University requires our students to provide proof of health insurance coverage each semester. Your student account will be automatically assessed a premium for health insurance each semester. Once registered, students who already have health care coverage may have this charge removed from their account by completing the steps to you submit a waiver request by the deadline listed on the Bursar's Website. This procedure cannot be done until after you register for classes.
If you have any questions about the Enrollment or Registration process, please do not hesitate to call us at (678) 547-6474 or toll free at 888-471-9922 or email email@example.com and we will be glad to assist you in that process.
We look forward to having you here!
Your Admissions Team