Welcome to McAfee!
Congratulations on being accepted into the James and Carolyn McAfee School of Theology at Mercer University! We are preparing for an amazing fall semester at McAfee and it is almost time to register for classes. Classes are assigned on a first come, first served basis so it is imperative that you read through all the steps for new students thoroughly and respond in a timely manner. Simply follow the checklist below to prepare for registration.
- We strongly encourage all students with significant undergraduate coursework in areas related to our core curriculum to request advanced placement to have a more robust educational experience at McAfee. Advanced Placement is not the same as transfer credit. If you would like to submit a request to receive advanced placement standing, complete the Advanced Placement Request Form and submit it along with the appropriate materials to the McAfee School of Theology Office of Admissions at: McAfee School of Theology Office of Admissions, 3001 Mercer University Drive, Atlanta, GA 30341. For any questions about Advanced Placement contact Dr. Michelle Garber at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In order to prepare for the registration process, please look over the Course Schedule for Fall 2017 and review the video and instructions on how to register. Entering students are typically limited to taking classes with a 500-level course number, unless granted advanced placement standing, as these are prerequisites for other courses. Introduction to Theological Thinking & Writing and Spiritual Formation classes are required of all first semester students.
- Be sure to view the Academic Calendar when scheduling your classes, vacations, and other important events.
- Save the Date for Orientation and RSVP. Mandatory orientation is Monday-Wednesday, August 14-16th for new students only.
- Fill out a FAFSA using the Mercer code: 001580. If interested in student loans or work study, you must complete the FAFSA form and you must register for a minimum of 5 hours to be eligible for federal aid. If you have been offered a merit-scholarship, please sign and return the covenant promptly to the Office of Admissions. The University Financial Aid Office cannot assist you until after you have registered for classes. For assistance with financial questions, please contact Ms. Carlene Knights, email@example.com or 678.547.6048.
- If you are moving to Atlanta and interested in housing, please see our Housing page. If you are looking for assistance finding a roommate for off-campus housing, check appropriate boxes on the Intent to Enroll Form to be connected with other students.
- Complete the Campus Health Form and gather your immunization records. Your health care provider must sign this form. We recommend making a copy for your records. Visit Student Affairs' Campus Health site to view immunization requirements and local healthcare resources. Health Forms must be submitted before classes to: Campus Health, 3001 Mercer University Drive, Atlanta, GA 30341.
- Due to the continuing need for all students to have adequate health care coverage, Mercer University requires our students to provide proof of health insurance coverage each semester. Your student account will be automatically assessed a premium for health insurance each semester. Once registered, students who already have health care coverage may have this charge removed from their account by completing the steps to you submit a waiver request by the deadline listed on the Bursar's Website. This procedure cannot be done until after you register for classes.
If you have any questions about the Enrollment or Registration process, please do not hesitate to call us at (678) 547-6474 or toll free at 888-471-9922 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be glad to assist you in that process.
We look forward to having you here!
Your Admissions Team